To register a construction company with the Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), please follow these steps:
Step 1: Obtain a National Tax Number (NTN) and Sales Tax Number (STRN) Before registering with the PEC, you must obtain a National Tax Number (NTN) and a Sales Tax Registration Number (STRN) from the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) of Pakistan.
Step 2: Register the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) You will need to register your company with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP). This involves selecting a unique name for your company, preparing a Memorandum of Association (MoA), and Articles of Association (AoA), and submitting these documents to the SECP.
Step 3: Obtain Professional Certifications The PEC requires that a construction company must have at least one professional engineer or architect as a director or partner to be eligible for registration. Therefore, you should obtain professional certifications for your company’s directors or partners from a recognized institution in Pakistan.
Step 4: Obtain a Construction Permit Obtain a construction permit from the relevant local authority before applying for registration with the PEC.
Step 5: Create an Account on the PEC Website Visit the official website of the PEC at https://www.pec.org.pk/ and create an account.
Step 6: Apply for Registration Log in to your account and apply for registration by filling out the registration form and providing all the necessary information, including your company’s name, registration number with the SECP, and information about the directors or partners who hold professional certifications.
Step 7: Submit the Application Upload all the necessary documents, including your company’s MoA, AoA, NTN, STRN, professional certifications of the directors or partners, and the construction permit. Review the application, pay the required fee, and submit the application.
Step 8: Wait for Approval The PEC will review your application and contact you if any additional information or documents are required. If your application is approved, you will receive a registration certificate from the PEC.
To register a construction company with the Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), the following documents are required:
- Memorandum of Association (MoA) and Articles of Association (AoA) of the company
- National Tax Number (NTN) and Sales Tax Registration Number (STRN) obtained from the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) of Pakistan.
- Professional certification of at least one director or partner in engineering or architecture from a recognized institution in Pakistan.
- Company Registration Certificate issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP).
- Proof of ownership of the company, such as the Partnership Deed or Certificate of Incorporation.
- Company’s bank statement for the last three months.
- Experience certificates of the company’s directors or partners.
- Technical personnel list, including the names and qualifications of engineers, architects, and other technical staff employed by the company.
- Equipment list, including the names, specifications, and quantities of equipment owned or leased by the company.
- Project list, including details of completed and ongoing projects, such as project name, location, and value.
- A copy of the construction permit obtained from the relevant local authority.
- Any other relevant documents or certificates, such as ISO certification, if available.
All documents must be certified true copies by a notary public or an authorized officer of the company, and must be submitted along with the registration application.