Registration for Pakistan Single Window (PSW) is an online platform that provides a single point of contact for businesses to submit regulatory documents and data required for import, export, and transit of goods. Here are the detailed steps for registering with PSW in Pakistan:
To register with PSW, you must first have a registered business in Pakistan. This requires registration with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) or any other relevant government institution, depending on your business type.
After registration, you will need to register your company with the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) for tax purposes. Following is a detailed overview of the procedure for registering with the tax authorities in Pakistan:
- Obtain National Tax Number (NTN) The first step in registering with the tax authorities is to obtain a National Tax Number (NTN) from the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR). You can obtain the NTN by submitting an application to the FBR online or through a designated branch of the National Bank of Pakistan.
- Obtain Sales Tax Registration Number (STRN) If your company is engaged in the supply of goods or services, you will need to obtain a Sales Tax Registration Number (STRN) from the FBR. The STRN can also be obtained through the same process as the NTN.
- Register for Withholding Tax If your company is required to deduct withholding tax on payments made to suppliers, contractors or employees, you will need to register for withholding tax with the FBR. This can be done online through the FBR’s e-portal or through a designated branch of the National Bank of Pakistan.
- Register for Professional Tax If your company employs professionals such as doctors, lawyers or engineers, you will need to register for professional tax with the relevant authority. The registration process and requirements may vary depending on the profession and the location of your company.
- Register for Provincial Taxes If your company operates in a province that imposes its own taxes such as the Punjab Sales Tax on Services Act, 2012 or the Sindh Sales Tax on Services Act, 2011, you will need to register for these taxes separately. The registration process and requirements may vary depending on the specific tax and the location of your company.
File Tax Returns Once your company is registered with the tax authorities,
you will need to file tax returns on a regular basis. The frequency and deadlines for filing tax returns will depend on the type of tax and the location of your company.
Obtain National Tax Number (NTN)
After tax registration, you will be issued a National Tax Number (NTN) by the FBR. The NTN is a unique identification number used for tax purposes.
Electronic Certificate Issuance System (e-CIS)
To get the Electronic Certificate Issuance System (e-CIS) from the Pakistan Single Window (PSW), you need to follow these steps:
- Visit the PSW website Go to the official website of Pakistan Single Window (PSW) at psw.gov.pk.
- Click on ‘Registration’ On the home page of the website, click on the ‘Registration’ button located at the top right corner of the page.
- Select ‘e-CIS’ After clicking on the ‘Registration’ button, you will be redirected to a new page. Here, select the option for ‘e-CIS’ and click on the ‘Apply’ button.
- Fill out the registration form You will be directed to an online registration form for e-CIS. Fill out the form with your personal and business information as required. Ensure that the information provided is accurate and up-to-date.
- Upload the required documents You will need to upload certain documents such as your business registration certificate, tax registration certificate, and other relevant documents to complete the registration process.
- Submit the registration form Once you have filled out the registration form and uploaded the necessary documents, click on the ‘Submit’ button to send your registration form to the PSW.
- Wait for approval After submitting the registration form, wait for approval from the PSW team. The team will review your application and documents to ensure that you meet the requirements for e-CIS registration.
- Activate your account If your application is approved, you will receive an email with instructions on how to activate your e-CIS account. Follow the instructions provided in the email to activate your account.
In conclusion, to get the Electronic Certificate Issuance System (e-CIS) from PSW, you need to visit the PSW website, select e-CIS, fill out the registration form, upload the required documents, submit the form, wait for approval, and activate your account once approved.
Login to PSW
Once you have registered with e-CIS, you can log in to the PSW portal using your NTN and password.
Submit Required Documents
After logging in to the PSW portal, you need to submit the required documents for your business operations.The documents required for Pakistan Single Window (PSW) registration may vary depending on the type of business, the industry, and the type of products being imported or exported. However, some of the most common documents required for PSW registration are as follows:
- Business Registration Certificate: You will need to provide a copy of your business registration certificate issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) or any other relevant government institution.
- Tax Registration Certificate: A copy of your tax registration certificate issued by the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) will be required for PSW registration.
- National Tax Number (NTN): You will need to provide a copy of your National Tax Number (NTN) issued by the FBR.
- Import/Export License: If you are importing or exporting goods, you will need to provide a copy of your import/export license.
- Bill of Lading: A copy of the Bill of Lading, which is a legal document issued by a carrier to acknowledge receipt of cargo for shipment, may also be required for PSW registration.
- Customs Declaration: A copy of the customs declaration form, which contains information about the goods being imported or exported, may also be required.
- Quality Certificates: If you are exporting goods, you may need to provide quality certificates to prove that the goods meet the required standards.
- Product Certificates: Product certificates may be required for certain products, such as food items, chemicals, and electronics.
- Insurance Documents: Insurance documents may also be required to cover any damages or losses during transit.
In conclusion, the documents required for PSW registration may vary depending on the business type, industry, and products being imported or exported. However, the above-listed documents are some of the most common documents required for PSW registration. It is always best to check with the PSW website or the relevant government institution to confirm the exact requirements for PSW registration.
Payment of Fees
You need to pay the applicable fees for using the PSW portal, including registration fees and transaction fees. PSW Subscription fee is Rs. 500/=. The Subscriber shall deposit the one time, non-refundable subscription fee through system generated Payment Slip ID (PSID).
Approval and Activation
After submitting the required documents and paying the fees, the PSW team will review and verify the information. Once approved, your account will be activated, and you can start using the PSW portal for your business transactions.
In conclusion, to register with PSW in Pakistan, you need to have a registered business, tax registration, NTN, and register for e-CIS. After that, you can log in to the PSW portal, submit the required documents, pay the fees, and wait for approval and activation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)?
Q: What is PSW?
A: Pakistan Single Window (PSW) is an online platform that serves as a one-stop-shop for all government regulatory requirements related to international trade.
Q: What are the subscription services offered by PSW?
A: PSW offers a range of subscription services, including electronic certificates issuance system (e-CIS), online payment gateway, and track and trace system.
Q: How do I subscribe to PSW services?
A: To subscribe to PSW services, visit the PSW website, select the relevant service, and follow the subscription process. You may be required to provide personal information and pay charges or fees, depending on the service.
Q: What are the charges/fees for PSW services?
A: The charges and fees for PSW services vary depending on the service being used. However, some services may be offered free of charge, while others may require payment of a nominal fee. You can find more information on the PSW website.
Q: How can I pay for PSW services?
A: You can pay for PSW services online via the PSW online payment gateway or through designated banks. After making the payment, you will receive a Payment Slip ID (PSID), which you will need to enter when subscribing to the relevant service.
Q: What should I do if I face issues with PSW services?
A: If you face any issues with PSW services, you can contact the PSW help desk via email or phone. You can also visit the PSW website to access the user manual, FAQs, and other relevant resources.