How to get a National Tax Number (NTN) for your registered company in Pakistan
If you are running a business in Pakistan, you need to register it with the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) and obtain a National Tax Number (NTN). An NTN is a unique identification number that is used for tax purposes and to access various online services offered by the FBR. In this blog post, we will explain the benefits of having an NTN, the requirements and procedure for obtaining one, and some common FAQs.
Benefits of having an NTN
Having an NTN has many advantages for your business, such as:
– You can file your income tax returns online and claim refunds or adjustments.
– You can apply for sales tax registration and charge sales tax on your goods or services.
– You can avail various tax exemptions and incentives offered by the government.
– You can open a bank account and obtain loans or credit facilities.
– You can participate in government tenders and contracts.
– You can import or export goods and services without any hassle.
– You can enhance your business reputation and credibility.
Requirements for obtaining an NTN
To obtain an NTN for your registered company, you need to have the following documents:
– A copy of the certificate of incorporation issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP).
– A copy of the memorandum and articles of association of the company.
– A copy of the form 29 (list of directors) filed with the SECP.
– A copy of the national identity card (NIC) or passport of each director.
– A copy of the board resolution authorizing one director to apply for the NTN on behalf of the company.
– A proof of registered office address, such as utility bill, rent agreement, or ownership document.
– A bank account statement or certificate showing the company’s name and account number.
Procedure for obtaining an NTN
The procedure for obtaining an NTN for your registered company is as follows:
– Visit the FBR website (https://fbr.gov.pk/) and click on “e-Registration”.
– Select “New e-Registration” and choose “Company” as the taxpayer type.
– Fill in the online form with the required information and upload the scanned copies of the documents mentioned above.
– Submit the form and note down the application number generated by the system.
– Print out the application form and sign it by the authorized director.
– Visit the nearest Regional Tax Office (RTO) or Large Taxpayer Unit (LTU) along with the original documents and submit the application form.
– The RTO or LTU will verify your documents and issue you an NTN certificate within 15 days.