How to File SECP Form A and 29 for Your Company
If you are running a company in Pakistan, you need to comply with the requirements of the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP), the regulatory authority for corporate sector in the country. One of the most important obligations for companies is to file annual returns and other statutory forms with the SECP.
In this blog post, we will explain how to file SECP Form A and 29 for your company, which are required for updating the particulars of directors, chief executive, auditors, legal advisers and address of registered office of the company.
What is SECP Form A?
SECP Form A is a statutory form that contains the list of directors, chief executive officer, auditors and legal advisers of the company. It also includes the address of the registered office of the company and the date of annual general meeting (AGM) of the shareholders.
SECP Form A is required to be filed by every company within 14 days of holding its AGM. The purpose of filing this form is to inform the SECP about any changes in the management or address of the company that may have occurred during the year.
What is SECP Form 29?
SECP Form 29 is a statutory form that contains the particulars of any appointment, resignation, removal or change in the designation of directors, chief executive officer, auditors or legal advisers of the company. It also includes the consent or declaration of the person appointed or resigned.
SECP Form 29 is required to be filed by every company within 14 days of any such event. The purpose of filing this form is to notify the SECP about any changes in the composition or status of the management or advisers of the company.
How to File SECP Form A and 29?
To file SECP Form A and 29, you need to follow these steps:
1. Download the forms from the SECP website (https://www.secp.gov.pk/document/form-a/?wpdmdl=27415) and (https://www.secp.gov.pk/document/form-29/?wpdmdl=27416) respectively.
2. Fill in the required information in the forms and attach any supporting documents such as consent letters, resignation letters, etc.
3. Sign and stamp the forms by an authorized person of the company.
4. Submit the forms along with a fee of Rs. 200 for each form to the concerned Company Registration Office (CRO) of the SECP. You can find the list and addresses of CROs here: https://www.secp.gov.pk/company-formation/company-registration-offices-cros/
5. Alternatively, you can also file these forms online through eServices portal of the SECP (https://eservices.secp.gov.pk/eServices/). You will need to create an account and login to access this service. You will also need to pay the fee online through credit card or bank transfer.
Benefits of Filing SECP Form A and 29
Filing SECP Form A and 29 is not only a legal obligation but also a good practice for your company. By filing these forms, you can:
– Ensure compliance with the Companies Act 2017 and avoid any penalties or legal actions from the SECP.
– Update your company’s records with the SECP and avoid any confusion or discrepancies in future.
– Enhance your company’s reputation and credibility among stakeholders such as shareholders, customers, suppliers, lenders, etc.
– Facilitate your company’s dealings with other government authorities such as FBR, SBP, etc.
Filing SECP Form A and 29 is a simple and straightforward process that every company should follow diligently. By doing so, you can keep your company’s information up to date with the SECP and avoid any hassles or complications later on. If you need any assistance or guidance in filing these forms, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are a professional firm that provides corporate services such as company registration, taxation, accounting, auditing, etc. We have a team of experts who can help you with all your corporate needs.