The Government of Pakistan passed the Pakistan Single Window Act, 2021 . The Revenue Division notified Subscription Rules for Pakistan Single Window under powers conferred by sub-section (2) of section 21 read with sub-section (1) of section 10 of the Pakistan Single Window Act, 2021.
Following are required to register for Import and Export with PSW:-
- National Tax Number (NTN)/Free Tax Number (FTN)/ Sales Tax Registration Number (STRN).
- In case of a company Security and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP)’s Registration Number or Computer-Generated Unique Identification Number (CUIN).
- Subscriber identification module (SIM) card number, also known as International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI) number, registered in the name of the subscriber.
- CNIC number and biometric verification from the National Database and Registration Authority’s e-Sahulat Centers.
- Email address of the subscriber as appearing in IRIS.
- Any other identity documents may be used in case of diplomats, companies registered in foreign jurisdictions etc.
To register for import and export in Pakistan with PSW (Pakistan Single Window), follow these steps:
- Obtain a National Tax Number (NTN) and Sales Tax Registration Number (STRN) from the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR).
- Register with the Trade Development Authority of Pakistan (TDAP) for a PSW certificate by filling out an application form and providing company profile and NTN/STRN certificates.
- Pay the applicable fee to TDAP.
- Wait for TDAP to review and approve the application, which may take several days to a few weeks.
- Upon approval, TDAP will issue the PSW certificate, allowing the company to start importing and exporting in Pakistan.
Subscription to PSW comprises of the following steps:
1. Click the “Subscribe” button on the PSW Home page. Read, understand and accept the Terms and Conditions. Select check box and click on proceed button.
2. Provide identification information: NTN/CNIC/ Mobile Phone No./Email.
2.1. Email associated with NTN is required to be active for verification through one time password (OTP) and forwarding Login Credentials.
2.2. Mobile number registered with selected CNIC will be verified through Pakistan Mobile Number Portability Database (PMD) and required for two factor authentication.
3. Subscriber shall deposit non-refundable subscription fee, through system generated Payment Slip ID (PSID).
4. Authentication and verification shall be performed on mobile phone number and Email through OTP (One Time Password).
5. Biometric verification of subscriber is final step to complete subscription. Visit your nearest NADRA e Sahulat franchise for biometric verification.
6. After successful biometric verification a link to create ID/password shall be sent on registered email.
PSW Subscription fee is Rs. 500/=. The Subscriber shall deposit the one time, non-refundable subscription fee through system generated Payment Slip ID (PSID).