In order to file an income tax return with the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) in Pakistan, you will need to follow these steps:
- Obtain a National Tax Number (NTN) and register for e-Filing if you have not done so already.
- Gather all the necessary documentation, including your salary slips, bank statements, and any other relevant information.
- Log in to the e-Filing portal using your NTN and password.
- Submit the form and any supporting documents.
- Wait for the FBR to process your return and issue any refunds or notices of additional taxes owed.
It’s worth noting that the e-filing process is the standard way of filing income tax return in Pakistan. However, it’s not the only way and you can also file via paper forms.
File online Income Tax Return by logging into IRIS. Iris is online portal where Income Tax Return is filed.
If you are a first time Income Tax filer, registration will be required before you can file your Income Tax Return.
After registration you can log into Iris and file your Income Tax Return. Those having obtained a National Tax Number (NTN) or Registration Number but do not have credentials to log into Iris can get access by clicking on ‘E-enrollment for Registered Person’ .